Ever wondered what your pet gets up to when you’re out of the house? Poof, a California based company, is bringing wearable technology to our furry friends!
Find out why they are our wearable of the month!
Poof is a pet activity tracker that hangs from your pet’s collar and monitors your pet’s health and daily movements. Poof is great for dogs, cats, and more! All of the information is stored on the Poof App so you can check up on Spot or Buddy even while you’re at the office.
There are two types of Poof wearables available, the Bean and Pea, $49.99 and $39.99 respectively. The main difference between the two is battery life and size. However, the battery life of both the Pea and Bean distinguishes them from the competition. The Bean’s battery can last up to two months on a single charge, compared to other trackers which usually last about 7 to 10 days. The Pea’s battery life is where it truly shines. Its battery boasts a battery life of six months, the longest of any pet tracker available on the market today. The Pea is slightly bigger than the Bean, weighing in at a quarter of an ounce and is about the size of a quarter. The Bean weighs just .12 ounces and is about the size of a small pill.
The Pea The Bean
They are extremely light and comfortable! Your pet won’t even notice they are wearing a wearable! Oh, and did we mention both the Bean and Pea are waterproof?
Although there are many wearables on the market that target your pets, we love Poof because one hundred percent of the profits made are donated to GreaterGood.org, an organization committed to helping and supporting animal shelters and the welfare of domestic animals. Not only will purchasing Poof benefit your friend, but it will help other animals out there also!
Be prepared to be surprised: Surprising uses of wireless charging in everyday life
Don’t miss: The dark side of wearable technology
Glimpse into the future: 3 ways wireless charging will improve our life in the future
1. Measures activity and rest – Are you curious about what your pet is up to when you’re out of the house? Does your dog sleep the whole time? Run around the house? Poof answers those questions, monitoring your pet’s activity and rest. You can see how much exercise your pet is getting every day, as well as if he is sleeping enough.
2. Monitors food intake and calories burned – Poof also measures how much food your pet eats every day. Because the wearable also monitors activity, it can determine if you pet is getting enough exercise based on how much food he/she consumes.
3. Tracks your pet – Anyone who’s ever lost a pet knows how stressful the situation can be. One of the best features of Poof is that the wearable allows you to track your pet if he/she is missing. If your pet wanders off, you can mark him/her lost in the Poof App. If your little guy walks into the range of another Poof user, you will be notified. The App also featured a messaging system so you can then message the user close to your pet.
4. Compares your pet to other pets – The device allows each user to compare their pets to other pets also using Poof. Each pet gets a score from the Poof app, based on age, weight, breed, and activity level. The average score is between 55-75. You can easily see how your pet compares to those around him/her.
5. Tracks progress and makes recommendations- Over time, the Poof app will track the progress of your pet, from his/her daily food intake and activity and make recommendations on food serving or exercise regimen that will make sure your pooch is in top health.
Keeping track of your pet’s activities, from sleeping to eating to running around are very important to your pet’s overall health. Animals cannot communicate verbally with humans. They cannot tell us when they aren’t feeling well. But, if you use Poof, a drastic or sudden change in activity can indicate that something is wrong with your pet.
It seems like wearables are getting smaller every day. Wearables such as Poof are gaining widespread acceptance because they need to be small, lightweight, and easy to use. However, fumbling to charge such tiny devices can be a hassle to users. To ensure Poof is convenient and reliable, powering such devices would require a wireless charging solution, one that possesses an especially small wireless charging receiver, for a seamless charging experience.
Luckily, there is Humavox’s Thunderlink, the smallest wireless charging receiver on the market! When integrated into the device, the Thunderlink wireless charging receiver module enables efficient reception of the RF signal resonated by the NEST transmitter, and its conversion. The small wireless charging receiver Thunderlink is able to fit the smallest of electronic devices, without the need for industrial redesign
Furthermore, With Humavox’s ETERNA wireless charging technology, Poof and other pet wearable companies can create a wireless charging case fit to the exact shape and elements of their device. This allows the user to seamlessly charge their pet’s wearable without even noticing, by simply dropping them in the case! Read more about our wireless charging solutions for smart clothing.
Congratulations to Poof pet tracker for being Humavox’s wearable of the month!
The wearable tech market is huge and it has something to offer for each occasion. Halloween is no exception and we have found the best spooky costume for you! Get ready to combine tech,...
Wireless charging is the transmission of energy from a power source to a consuming device without wires or cables. This means that all wireless charging technologies are comprised of both a transmitter (or charging...